Bentley Systems Leverages RTM Consulting’s Resource Management as a Service (RMaaS) to Accelerate the Benefits of a Centralized and Global RMO
Print Friendly Version
Bentley’s rapidly growing professional services organization implements a broad range of solutions for a diverse and complex customer and product base around the world. While a resource management office (RMO) was deployed to drive improvement to utilization and operating margins, the initial rollout fell short of achieving true centralization. Challenges remained in getting the organization to shift its behavior to centralized resourcing and the technology infrastructure was insufficient leading to a manually intensive process and data spread across multiple systems.
Bentley engaged RTM Consulting to leverage RMaaS in rapidly moving to a more centralized, global resource management model. This included:
- Utilizing RTM Consulting’s Just-in-Time Resourcing® solution as a guide to baseline progress and gaps in capabilities.
- Taking a leadership role in developing and executing a global deployment plan for centralized RM for all delivery practices.
- Developing artifacts, processes and reports to support the rollout and ongoing operation.
- Working with the technology team to improve the PS automation capability for RM.
- Deploying effective change management to support global adoption.
By leveraging RTM Consulting’s RMaaS solution and RM experts,
Bentley has been able to rapidly centralize their staffing and resource forecasting processes. The RMO team is now integrated to the delivery teams, and data and reporting has been centralized and improved. Centralized resource management has contributed to solid performance improvements for Bentley in the first 12 months:
- Increased utilization by 5 points!
- Increased headcount gross margin by 27%.
- Improved resource demand forecasting.
- Decreased time spent on RM by PS leaders… more time spent with customers.
RTM Consulting has over 100 years combined strategy and operational experience. We serve over 100 clients world wide, providing consulting, training, mentoring, and staffing services as well. Our focus is to launch, design, implement, and support transformative outcomes by providing guidance, leadership, and innovative frameworks to deliver proven and timely results.