RTM Consulting Assists Bentley Systems in Driving Greater Value from Its PSA Investment for Continued Improvements in Billable Utilization and Project Profitability
Bentley’s rapidly growing professional services organization implements a broad range of solutions for a diverse and complex customer and product base around the world. Having recently deployed a resource management office (RMO) to drive improvement in billable utilization and services profitability, the organization still had concerns that their current technology infrastructure was insufficient.
RTM Consulting provided Bentley with an objective assessment of its current automation and tools. The infrastructure was fragmented, resulting in a high degree of manual effort, insufficient functionality and lacking centralized access to critical operational and strategic organizational data. From this assessment, RTM Consulting was able to provide Bentley with:
- Strategy services including requirements definition, RFP management and PSA vendor selection.
- Implementation services including assisting with process improvement and change management to ensure success from a people, process and technology perspective.
- Optimization services including process alignment, organizational
adoption and value realization.
By leveraging RTM Consulting’s PSA Consulting Services, Bentley was able to implement a fully functional PSA solution. The PSA application was made a central part of the technology ecosystem and Bentley redefined processes, data flows and system functionality. As a result, the PSA investment has contributed to very positive results for the PS organization:
- Improved insight into resource forecasting and advance planning.
- Billable utilization continues to improve through a combination of PSA and process improvement. 7 points in the last 2 years.
- Enabling rapid team growth: Last three years, services revenue up 58%, consulting headcount increased by over 100 HC.
- With increased efficiency in project administration, reporting and invoicing, focus has now shifted from tactical activities to strategic, value added activities.
“RTM Consulting helped us throughout the entire life cycle of our journey. From selecting the right vendor to playing a key role in driving change management, RTMC’s knowledge and expertise was a key factor in our success.”
— David McKenney, Vice President, Bentley Systems
RTM Consulting has over 100 years combined strategy and operational experience. We serve over 100 clients world wide, providing consulting, training, mentoring, and staffing services as well. Our focus is to launch, design, implement, and support transformative outcomes by providing guidance, leadership, and innovative frameworks to deliver proven and timely results.