Informatica Partners with RTM Consulting to Deploy a Centralized Resource Management Office and Drive Improvements in Project Forecasting and Resourcing
Informatica’s growing, geographically dispersed professional services organization was facing new and increasing demands servicing the implementation needs of its diverse product portfolio. The reorganization of its Professional Services group created a focus on key client growth while deepening delivery focus. Informatica needed to better understand how to design and deploy a centralized resource management office (RMO) to achieve more consistent and predictable utilization, support the organizational growth through more cost effective operations, have reliable and accurate forecasting and drive greater adoption and utilization of its PSA solution.
Informatica engaged RTM Consulting to assist in architecting and deploying a centralized RMO including:
- A rapid assessment to baseline current situation and establish a framework for measuring impact
- Leveraging RTM Consulting’s Just-in-Time Resourcing® solution to define all dimensions of the future state PMO
- Establishing the RMO organizational design, structure and size
- Defining a governance framework
- Building and executing the work plan
By leveraging RTM Consulting’s resource management expertise, Informatica quickly deployed a centralized RMO and is achieving more consistent and predictable resource utilization and has seen improvements in forecast visibility and accuracy including:
- Time needed to staff projects improved from over 4 weeks to 1-2 weeks
- Previously regional managers led all staffing activity, now time involved in project staffing has been reduced by 75%
- Improved reliability of the forecast view from 30 days to 120 days
- Consistently achieving utilization targets and manage high-burn, over-allocation of high value resources
“We worked with RTM Consulting to architect a plan and deploy a centralized resource management office to achieve more consistent and predictable resource utilization and improve our forecast visibility and accuracy. This has been a win-win result for our clients, our employees and Informatica.”
— Richard Busch, Director, Professional Services Operations, Informatica
RTM Consulting has over 100 years combined strategy and operational experience. We serve over 100 clients world wide, providing consulting, training, mentoring, and staffing services as well. Our focus is to launch, design, implement, and support transformative outcomes by providing guidance, leadership, and innovative frameworks to deliver proven and timely results.