First Call/Visit Resolution (FCR/FVR) is a focus area for most if not all customer service organizations, and FCR/FVR performance is a leading indicator for customer satisfaction and operations performance and efficiency. It is not difficult to understand why Field Services organizations find improving their FCR/FVR to be a high priority. FCR/FVR matters! Organizations that satisfactorily resolve more customer issues in a single contact can improve customer satisfaction, reduce operating costs and improve their overall financial performance.
Because FCR/FVR can be challenging and costly to measure, identifying the inhibitors to improving your FCR/FVR can be difficult. It’s rarely just one thing but a host of issues such as properly trained technicians, spare parts availability, accurate repair documentation and many other drivers of good (or bad) FCR/FVR.
RTM Consulting (RTMC) has developed its Field Services (FS) transformation services to help technology companies define, develop, and deliver value-added and outcomes focused FS capabilities required for market success. By partnering with RTMC, you can accelerate time to value, avoid surprises and unnecessary investments, optimize labor and other support related costs, and achieve the support capability and capacity you need to maintain a competitive edge.
RTM Consulting uses our deep consulting expertise to focus on your specific FS business need. We compare and contrast your FS specific need, or even your entire FS operation, with industry best practices and results. Equipped with these valuable insights and our innovative frameworks, RTMC can help you build an appropriate solution to a particular business problem, or an operations-wide business transformation plan to help your FS operation become best in class and accelerate time to value for customers and better results for your company.
Our Approach to First Call/Visit Resolution – QuickStart!
Great customer support requires a top down strategy supported by the right set of integrated capabilities, cross-functional processes and enabling technology and infrastructure to achieve consistent levels of high customer satisfaction.
The effort to effectively and adequately refine existing helpdesk capabilities takes time. FS leaders, however, often need results in weeks, not months. To address this, RTM Consulting has developed FCR/FVR QuickStart where we assess your As-Is capabilities, compare current performance and create a gap analysis, architect a To-Be helpdesk process, and define the execution plan.
With FCR/FVR QuickStart, RTM Consulting provides an accelerated time to benefit by helping drive inefficiencies out of your support structure while building in better service capabilities.
Assess As-Is Capabilities
- Leverage RTMC’s Field Services Framework to assess capabilities across: strategy/financials, processes, infrastructure, governance, metrics, talent and client execution
- Review relevant artifacts, reports, data and tools
- Conduct interviews
- Observe helpdesk activities
Compare Performance / Create Gap Analysis
- Compare current performance and approach to best practice / best result
- Leverage available benchmark data
- Create and document a gap analysis
- Quantify improvement opportunities
Architect To-Be State
- Architect a To-Be helpdesk process leveraging RTMC best practice processes and frameworks
- Define workflows for inquiries / incidents
- Define supporting infrastructure and talent / training needs
- Recommend needed organizational structure changes including Project Management focus
Define Execution Plan
- Identify and size transformation efforts
- Prioritize improvement initiatives
- Make transformation recommendations
- Build transformation roadmap and timeline
- Identify transformation costs, ROI, and other dependencies
- Output from the QuickStart process will define the shortest path to improving your FCR/FVR performance
- Begin receiving the benefits of the highest priority needs with RTMC expertise and transformative experience
The key benefit of the FCR/FVR QuickStart is an ability proven approach to rapid improvement of FCR/FVR performance. RTM Consulting’s team of industry experts in First Call/Visit Resolution can help your team with implementing the QuickStart recommendations for improvement and drive these initiatives to completion.
Contact RTM Consulting to learn more and/or schedule your FCR/FVR QuickStart and access our insights and experience with this critical aspect of running your business. For a downloadable brochure about our First Call/Visit Resolution QuickStart, click here.