Adobe Partners with RTM Consulting to Create a Project Management Office (PMO) with Standardized Tools, Governance processes and Quality Gates
As Adobe continued to mature its software products, client implementations became increasingly complex. The PS organization had a great opportunity to support revenue growth but was faced with managing a greater breadth and scale of projects. As growth continued, the existing project management methodology and approach were no longer sufficient to support increased complexity and anticipated project volumes.
RTM Consulting provided Adobe with an assessment and consulting to quickly identify opportunities to drive improvements and establish a Project Management Office (PMO):
- Implementing a set of standardized Project Management tools and processes to improve project control and minimize the number of projects that run off-track and over budget.
- Enforcing a set of organization-wide metrics to ensure that reviews and approvals occur at the appropriate stages of a project’s lifecycle.
- Defining project ownership at the onset of a project to ensure accountability for driving project success.
A well-architected PMO solution has helped Adobe drive immediate performance improvements throughout their project delivery.
- A suite of standardized PM tools has been developed and rolled out to Adobe’s EMEA and NA Professional Services teams.
- An initial set of governance standards has been put in place to audit projects and ensure compliance with new PM processes.
- Quality Gates have been established at various points throughout Adobe’s methodology to ensure that superior solutions are delivered to clients.
RTM Consulting has over 100 years combined strategy and operational experience. We serve over 100 clients world wide, providing consulting, training, mentoring, and staffing services as well. Our focus is to launch, design, implement, and support transformative outcomes by providing guidance, leadership, and innovative frameworks to deliver proven and timely results.