Resource Management Certified Professional (RMCP)®
This first-of-its-kind professional certification program, offered by the Resource Management Institute, is specifically designed for resource managers, promoting and supporting competency development for resource management (RM) professionals. Certification demonstrates a level of proficiency in RM theory and application, and a commitment to professional development and a career in RM. Additionally, the RMCP® program provides access to valuable thought leadership, best practices, networks and resources to help RM professionals better manage human capital productivity and utilization.
More information on the Resource Management Certified Professional (RMCP)® program can be found following these links:
- RMCP® certification process and eligibility requirements
- Certification program schedule
- RMCP® recertification process by Professional Certification Units (PCUs) or exam
- Preview RMCP® Training (4:41)
Why Resource Management Certification?
- Professional growth
- Learn modern techniques for resource management
- Keep current with industry best practices
- Add more value to your employer
- Better career and earnings opportunities
- More job satisfaction
- Predictably improve resource management results
- More on-time, on-budget projects
- Leverage industry best practices
- More productive Resource Management Office employees
- More satisfied employees
- Professional growth for employees
Who Should Apply?
The RM Certification is ideal for those who:
- Work as or lead Resource Managers or perform RM related tasks
- Are operations or people managers and need a stronger knowledge of RM
- Wish to update their current RM knowledge with industry accepted best practices
- Want to break into the competitive and growing RM profession
- Strive for career advancement
- Work for companies that want to sustainably improve RM effectiveness
Completion of the Certification may offer the following benefits:
- Help you and your company more predictably improve RM results
- Provide an increased arsenal of tools and techniques to facilitate your daily work
- Gain access to industry thought leadership and best practices, including the RMI Community – the online venue where resource management professionals can network and collaborate
- Increase your on-the-job confidence and satisfaction
- Demonstrate commitment to the RM discipline
Some corporate adopters of the certification program include DellEMC, Guidewire Software, Informatica, Juniper Networks, NCR, ServiceMax, UKG, and VMware.
“The RMCP® certification demonstrates to your employer (current or potential), and your stakeholders, that you are trained and up to date on the best practices of your craft – Resource Management. Resource Managers must be competent in both knowledge and hands-on skills experience associated with their professional craft; and the RMCP® certification is the equivalent to the foundation of a home. It doesn’t stop there – you must maintain that foundation by recertification so that the foundation doesn’t crumble. Maintaining your RMCP® certification acts as an extended warranty, or insurance, that you stay relevant in your craft and are current on Resource Management industry trends.”
Kimberly Carrieri, Director, Americas Resource & Skills Management Lead at Dell Technologies.
“As an IT professional with many years in Project & Portfolio Management, I thought I had a solid understanding of Resource Management concepts. However, it wasn’t until I completed the RMCP® certification program that I realized that was not the case and there was so much more to learn. Thanks to the RMCP® certification program, I have been able to build our RMO and take the Resource Management practice in our department to a level I would have never imagined.”
Orlando Quesada, IT Capacity & Resource Planning Manager at UKG.
“I attended the course in Cincinnati this past April and benefited tremendously. I’ve just hired two new people to build out our Resource Management function and would like them to attend the next class and become certified as well.”
Gary Becker, Senior Manager Business Operations at Amazon Web Services.