Every delivery leader would agree that consistent, standard, repeatable delivery execution is a goal of every organization. To achieve this, professional and consulting services organizations need a strong, industry-proven project management capabilities coupled with the right management and governance structure to measure and monitor the project portfolio.
Addressing these challenges requires you to answer the following questions:
- Do we have a standardized approach to project management that is widely adopted and uniformly applied?
- Do project managers and others have the skills and training required to perform their jobs efficiently and effectively?
- Do we have appropriate processes and tools in place to provide a view of the entire project portfolio on demand?
- Have we defined and communicated the right controls and metrics by which all projects should be managed?
- Do we have a Project Management Organization, or PMO, that drives all of this?
If you answered ‘no’ to one or more of the questions above, then you have an opportunity to improve your project management execution. Poor project execution is a leading driver of services margin erosion and poor customer satisfaction. RTM Consulting can help you solve for these challenges.
RTM Consulting provides a number of services to assist you in improving the way your organization manages projects and governs the overall delivery portfolio.
Project & Portfolio Management Assessment
RTM Consulting will review the end-to-end management of your projects, from inception to close, both at the individual project execution level and from the portfolio governance perspective, to identify opportunities for improvement in process and data standardization, automation, and organizational behavior.
- The scope and effectiveness of your PMO, or the need to establish one
- Project management methodologies, practices and tools
- Project and portfolio measurement framework
- Project planning, scoping and change management practices
- Supporting tools and infrastructure
The output of the assessment will provide your organization with a prioritized set of recommendations to achieve measurable improvement to your project performance.
Project & Portfolio Management Optimization
Whether it is based on the needs identified in the assessment phase, or targeting a specific area of project management execution, RTM Consulting will lead or assist you in implementing best practices to drive more consistency and transparency with project management. Services for this include:
- Project Management Methodology Development and Standardization: RTMC will help you develop or enhance the right approach for your project while adhering to industry standards (i.e. PMBOK) for execution.
- Project Management Office (PMO) Optimization: RTMC will help you create the right PMO for your organization, or get more value and results from your existing PMO.
- PMO QuickStart: The effort to effectively and adequately redefine processes, implement automation, and change the behavior of the team for managing projects and portfolios takes time. Services leaders, however, often need results in weeks, not months. To address this, RTM Consulting has developed our PMO QuickStart which combines the assessment phase activities with targeted optimization recommendations to accelerate your speed-to-value.
Project Management Training
Project Managers continually look to enhance their project management skills and drive successful delivery. To address this need – and give PMPs continuing education credits – RTM Consulting has built the following project management curriculum:
- Project Management Fundamentals – Poor project execution is a leading driver of services margin erosion and poor customer satisfaction. Project Managers continually look to enhance their project management skills and drive successful delivery. Project Management Fundamentals is specialized PM training for the technology and software industries. The curriculum is designed to reinforce and improve good PM discipline and teach proven, practical aspects of sound project management to achieve breakthrough results and customer satisfaction. This is a one (1) day course. The training can be a classroom led or virtual interactive session with group discussion and individual exercises led by a qualified RTM Consulting instructor.
- Advanced Project Management Skills Development – A lot of time, money and effort is spent training project managers on methodologies. But do they really know how to: effectively engage with a client; manage scope creep; and effectively handle complaints and issues – the skills every project manager needs. The Advanced Project Management Skills Development training focuses on enhancing the soft skills of project managers to complement their methodology, business, and technical knowledge. The three (3) courses are modular and can be customized to meet your specific need and budget. Time commitment can range from one (1) hour for an individual course on-demand to one (1) day for all three courses combined with case studies. Delivery methods can be combined to suit the needs of the audience.
Click Here for more information on our Project Management training.
What Our Clients Are Saying
Adobe Partners with RTM Consulting to create a Project Management Office (PMO) with standardized tools, governance processes and quality gates. Read the case study.
To gain access to our insights and experience with this critical aspect of running your business, contact RTM Consulting.